A. Base terms
1. Your relationship with dozens
These terms govern your use of our mobile app and website and set out certain general terms regarding the basis of your relationship with us (Project Imagine Ltd, trading as dozens).
Some important points before we get into the weeds. To be eligible to use the dozens products or services, you must:
- be resident in the UK and at least 18 years old
- pass our regulatory due diligence checks, which may include providing us with regulatory-required documentation, photographs and information as we may reasonably request
- read and accept these terms by clicking to confirm your acceptance
- not have had any previous dozens account (whether current account, cash savings or investment) or other dozens products or services closed by us.
If you don’t agree to these terms, please do not continue to use our services. Please also understand that we don’t give investment advice, neither do we give tax or legal advice – you should contact a specialist for those types of specific advice.
You must confirm that you provided us with correct information during the process of creating your dozens account (current account, cash savings or investment). In order to continue to use the app and our services you must promise that you will notify us immediately if any of the information or documents you have provided us change. If you provide us with incorrect or inaccurate information you will be responsible for any losses that are incurred as a result.
Ultimately the decision as to whether to allow you to open dozens account (whether current account, cash savings or investment) is entirely ours, and we may decide for any reason or no reason not to permit your account opening to go ahead, or to close your account at our option.
Regulatory information about dozens
Project Imagine Ltd (trading as dozens) is a limited liability company registered in England and Wales, number 11153882. Our registered office address is 1 St Katharine’s Way London E1W 1UN.
dozens is authorized by the Financial Conduct Authority as an electronic money institution under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 for issuing of electronic money (firm reference number 900894), and as an investment firm (firm reference number 814281) and our registered information can be found on the FCA’s website fca.org.uk.
The FCA’s address is 12 Endeavour Square, London E20 1JN fca.org.uk.
The easiest way to get in contact with us is through the app, however you can also:
- call us on 0808 164 1020
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help with your accounts, or email@example.com for other general queries
- write to us at International House, 1 St Katharine’s Way London E1W 1UN.
2. dozens app
The dozens app is the mobile application through which you can view all the dozens products and services available to you.
You must ensure that you take all reasonable steps to keep the dozens app, its contents, and dozens app access code safe and secure.
We strongly recommend the following courses of action to ensure app security is not compromised:
- close the app when you are not using it
- keep your mobile phone safe and secure
- do not disclose your dozens app access code, or mobile phone passcode
- if you receive any texts, messages or emails, questionnaires, surveys, or other links that require you to provide your mobile phone passcode, do not provide this information and contact our customer services team via the app
- ensure that the mobile and e-mail account(s) you use to communicate with us are secure and only accessed by you, as the mobile and e-mail address may be used to reset your access or passcodes and relate to the security of the dozens app
- if at any time you think that your dozens app access code has been lost, stolen or any other person knows your access code or anyone has access to your e-mail account or mobile phone you use to communicate with us, inform our customer services team immediately through the app, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us (freephone) 0808 164 1020.
- contact customer services immediately if you have any concerns, queries or suspicions relating to the dozens app.
Restrictions on using dozens products and services
You are not permitted to do any of the following:
- use the dozens products or services for any illegal purposes, including, but not limited to fraud and money laundering, unlawful sexually oriented materials or services, counterfeit products, unlawful gambling activities, the funding of terrorist organizations, the unlawful purchase or sale of tobacco, firearms, prescription drugs, other controlled substances or other products prohibited by law. dozens will report any suspicious activity and cooperate with any relevant law enforcement agency or regulator
- use the dozens products or services to abuse, exploit or circumvent the usage restrictions imposed by a merchant on the services it provides, or to obtain goods or services without paying the amount due partially or in full
- breach any part of these terms or any other agreement or policy that you have agreed with dozens
- create more than one dozens account without our prior written consent from dozens
- use any dozens products or services to violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation
- use any dozens products or services for any illegal purposes including the purchase or sale, or the facilitation of the purchase or sale of, illegal goods or services
- infringe dozens’ or any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy
- act in a manner that is defamatory, libellous, threatening or harassing when using the dozens products or services
- provide us with false, inaccurate or misleading information
- use the dozens products or services to engage in debt-collection activities
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; facilitate any viruses, trojan horses, worms or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information; use an anonymizing proxy; use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our Website without our prior written permission; or interfere or attempt to interfere with the dozens products or services
- take any action that may cause us to lose any of the services from our internet service providers, payment processors, or other suppliers
- refuse to cooperate in an investigation or provide confirmation of your identity or any Information you provide to us
- refuse or fail to provide further information about you or your activities that we may reasonably request
- reveal your mobile passcode to anyone or use anyone else’s dozens app.
- to tell us as soon as possible if any information you provided about yourself changes (or you find out is incorrect), including where you live and your financial circumstances
- you are entirely responsible for the accuracy of any information that you provide to us.
Communicating with you
You agree and consent to electronic receipt of all communications that we provide in connection with the dozens products or services. We will provide communications to you by making them available on the dozens app or by emailing them to your primary email address listed in your dozens profile.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you log into the dozens app regularly and regularly review messages posed there for you, and keep your primary email address and open and review communications that we deliver to you through those means. You are obligated to review your notices and your transaction history, and to promptly report any questions, apparent errors, or unauthorised transactions. Failure to contact us in a timely manner may result in loss of funds or important rights.
We may contact you from time to time to notify you of changes or information regarding your dozens account. It is your responsibility to ensure you regularly check the dozens notice board and that your contact information stored on your profile in the dozens app dashboard is up to date.
You may contact us in accordance with these terms by phone, email or via the chat function in the dozens app.
The dozens app and the website and all intellectual property rights contained therein, including but not limited to any content, are owned or licenced by Project Imagine Ltd. Intellectual property rights means rights such as: copyright, trademarks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world).
In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts are service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress of dozens. You may not copy, imitate, or use them without our prior written consent.
We remain owners of all intellectual property used in relation to the dozens products and services and in connection with these terms, and we are free to use them as we see fit.
Nothing in these terms grants you any legal rights in the dozens app and/or the website, other than as necessary to enable you to access the dozens app. You agree not to adjust or try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the dozens app (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular in any digital rights or other security embedded or contained within the dozens app.
Amendments to the terms
We may amend these terms by providing you with 14 days’ notice. These changes will be deemed to have been accepted by you where you do not, before the proposed date of the entry into force of the changes, notify us to the contrary. If you do notify us to the contrary, your notification will be deemed to be a notice that you wish to close your dozens account (current account, cash savings and investment) and terminate these terms on the date upon which the changes are to take effect.
Where an amendment to the terms is required by law or relates to the addition of a new service, extra functionality to the existing service, a reduction in the cost of the services or any other change which has either a neutral or a positive impact on you (namely neither reduces your rights nor increases your responsibilities) the amendment may be made without prior notice to you and shall be effective immediately.
Our app is provided on an “as is,” “as available” basis and without any representation or warranty, whether express, implied or statutory. dozens, and the officers, directors, agents, joint venturers, employees and suppliers of dozens, make no representation or warranty of any kind whatsoever for the services or the content, materials, information and functions made accessible by the dozens services or used on or accessed through the dozens services, or for any breach of security associated with the transmission of sensitive information through the dozens services.
dozens does not warrant that the dozens services will be uninterrupted or error free. dozens shall not be responsible for any service interruptions, including, but not limited to, system failures or other interruptions that may affect the receipt, processing, acceptance, completion or settlement of a dozens transaction or the dozens services.
dozens is not responsible for the quality, performance, or any consequential results of the products and/or services purchased using the dozens services.
These terms shall continue in force for the duration of your relationship with us and shall apply to your use of our mobile app as it may be updated or adjusted by us from time to time. Specific termination rights relating to your dozens products and services are contained in the relevant product or service terms.
Termination of your relationship with us shall not affect the rights or liabilities of either party under these dozens T&Cs accrued at that date, including but without limitation arising under the sections headed ‘intellectual property’, ‘no warranty’ and ‘your data’, which shall survive and remain enforceable by the respective party.
To encourage good financial behaviour dozens has set up the Savers’ Awards - details can also be found in the My Profile section of the app.
The Savers’ Awards are a monthly free prize drawer, where you receive (free) nominations to increase your chances of receiving an award based on you demonstrating good financial behaviour throughout the month. If you are demonstrating the elements of good financial behaviour you need to do nothing more – you will automatically accrue nominations and be entered into the Savers’ Awards as follows:
- for every day that you rate the happiness of all your transactions (and therefore showing you are connected with your spend and being mindful about what you are spending) you will receive 1 nomination. You don’t need to rate all your spend as happy spend, but can choose any of the happy/sad/neutral for each of your transactions
- for every week that you stick to your budget, you will receive 10 nominations
- for every month that you save money into fixed interest bonds you will receive 1000 nominations (it doesn’t matter how much you put in savings that month, just that you have managed to save something into bonds). You will keep accruing nominations for each month that you keep your savings tucked away in bonds
- for every year that your investment goals are on track, you will receive 1000 nominations.
Your total nominations accrued in a calendar month will be collected together, and a random computer-generated draw will select 10 winners a month (we’ll let you know via the app if we can select more winners). Winners will each receive £100 in cash into their dozens current account, except for a bumper winning month in December where winners will receive £1000 each.
Once nominations have been used in a monthly draw they will then expire. You can’t elect to roll over nominations, or not use nominations in any given month – they will automatically be entered into that month’s draw if you have accumulated them that month.
We’ll do each draw on or around the 7th of the month following the draw month – so if the draw month is April, we’ll select April’s winners on or around 7 May.
Note that for d) we will look at whether your goals are on track in December and award nominations in December (to go into that month’s draw, with winners to be announced on or around 7 January).
Winners will be notified individually normally within 30 days of the draw taking place, and we’ll let winner know then when to expect their prize (pretty quickly we should hope!). A list of winners will be kept and will be available on request in an anonymised format.
Any one person can receive an annual maximum of 365 nominations for a), maximum of 520 nominations per year for b), maximum of 12000 nominations per year for c) and maximum of 1000 nominations per year for d).
In order to use other functions of the dozens products or services, you may be requested to accept other terms and conditions, either with dozens or with a third party. For example, if you are interested in our fixed interest savings bond, you will need to read and accept separate terms relating to that product.
These terms shall be governed by the laws of England & Wales and any claim or dispute under these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England & Wales. For the avoidance of doubt, other than as set out in the section 3 ‘Customer services and complaints’, these terms do not include any alternative dispute resolution procedures as a means of disputing or issuing any claims in relation to these terms.
These terms do not give any rights to any third party and no third party shall have the right to enforce these terms or any dozens transaction under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
If we fail to enforce any of our rights under the terms, or applicable laws, it shall not be deemed to constitute a waiver of such right.
You may not transfer or assign or sell any rights or obligations you have under these terms or otherwise grant any third party a legal or equitable interest over your dozens account without our prior written consent. We reserve the right to transfer or assign these terms or any right or obligation under these terms at any time.
We may comply with any subpoena, levy, or other legal process which we believe to be valid. We may notify you of such process electronically, by phone, or in writing.
We reserve the right, but shall have no responsibility, to edit, modify, refuse to post or remove any provider content, in whole or in part, that in its sole and absolute discretion is objectionable, erroneous, illegal, fraudulent or otherwise in violation of these terms.
Unless stated otherwise in these terms, if any provision of these terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
These terms shall be binding on, and ensure to the benefit of, the parties to these terms and their respective personal representatives, successors and permitted assigns, and references to any party shall include that party’s personal representatives, successors and permitted assigns.
A reference to a statute or statutory provision is a reference to it as amended, extended or re-enacted from time to time.
A reference to writing or written includes email and the chat function in the dozens app.
Any obligation on a party not to do something includes an obligation not to allow that thing to be done.
These terms shall be concluded and interpreted in the English language. If these terms are translated into another language, it is for reference purposes only. All communications between the parties shall be in the English language.
3. Customer services and complaints
We pride ourselves on our customer services support, and we are working hard to provide you with multiple channels through which we can provide you with help and support. You can contact us through the app, by emailing email@example.com or by calling 0808 164 1020.
We take all complaints seriously. Any complaints about us can be sent to us through any channel, but we recommend the most efficient method is via our in-app chat function. Please clearly indicate that you are wishing to make a complaint to us. This helps us to distinguish a complaint from a mere query. Our complaints procedure dozens.com/complaints sets out the process for submitting and resolving any complaints. You may request a copy of our complaints procedure at any time by contacting customer services.
A final response to your complaint, or a letter explaining why the final response has not been completed, will be sent to you within 15 business days of the date your complaint was made, and in exceptional circumstances, within 35 business days (and we will let you know if this is the case).
If after having received our final response you are still unhappy or not satisfied, you may, if your complaint falls within the Financial Ombudsman Service’s jurisdiction, be able to take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) details of which are available on the following link financial-ombudsman.org.uk/faq/complain.html. You can also call the FOS on 0300 123 9123, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR. Further information regarding the FOS and whether you qualify for this service is available on the FOS website.
4. Your data
We will never sell your data or pass it on to third parties who use it to peddle you their products and services. We believe your data is YOUR data and should only be used for your benefit. This is a fundamental dozens principle.
You agree that we can use your information in connection with your dozens account (current account, cash savings and investment), to enable us to review, develop and improve our products and services. This may involve providing your information to our partners, affiliates, agents, distributors and suppliers to process your transactions and for their statistical research and analytical purposes.
You understand and agree that we may collect information about how you and other dozens users interact with the dozens products and services. If you require functionality from certain dozens services, you may give us access to your address book on your device and store names and contact information to facilitate social interactions through the dozens products and services and for other purposes.
When you use certain dozens products and services we may collect precise merchant data about a particular transaction of yours, to allow us to provide improved services to you. You are not identifiable from the merchant data.
We collect transaction details related to your use of the dozens products and services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged and other related transaction details. We may collect information about your mobile device, including for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information and mobile network information. You agree that we may use the information that we collect to facilitate interactions with the dozens products and services, including sharing certain anonymous information about you with other dozens users.
You understand and agree that dozens may, without further notice or warning and in our discretion, monitor or record the telephone conversations you or anyone acting on your behalf has with us or our agents for quality control and training purposes or for our own protection. However, we do not guarantee that recordings of any particular telephone calls will be retained or retrievable.
We reserve the right to transmit any information or personal data about you and your use of the dozens products and services to law enforcement institutions, state authorities and financial institutions, if this is necessary to comply with legislation, and in order to identify whether these terms and relevant legislation have not been violated. We may disclose your information as required by law, regulation or any competent authority or agency to investigate possible fraudulent, unlawful or unauthorised activity.
When you initially give us your information on opening a dozens account (current account, cash savings and investment), we will search your record at credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. These searches are to check your identity and we do not carry out full credit reference checks or credit scoring for this purpose. We do carry out a “soft” credit check, and credit reference agencies will record that we have carried out a check but this won’t affect your credit score or credit history, and it will not be seen by lenders who you may want to borrow from in the future. We will use a technology based automated system to assess your application and verify your identity.
If we are unable to verify your identity adequately, we may ask you to provide some documentary evidence to help confirm your identity and address. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we identify fraud, we will record this with fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. In some cases, we may need to ask for additional information or documents from you. If this happens, we will send you a message and you agree to provide us with the information and documents we ask for within a reasonable period. You accept that if you do not do this, we may freeze your account or take other action against you or with respect to your account. Please note that we treat your personal data with the utmost importance, and information that you give us to satisfy checks will never be sold or used for other purposes.