B. Payment Terms Supplement
This supplement applies if you have opted to receive a dozens card. The terms in this supplement govern your use of our dozens card. This supplement forms part of the overall terms between you and dozens. Defined terms are set out in the definitions below.
To be eligible for a dozens card, you must:
- be resident in the UK and at least 18 years old
- pass our regulatory due diligence checks, which may include providing us with regulatory-required documentation, photographs and information as we may reasonably request
- read these terms and click to confirm acceptance with the terms
- not have had any previous dozens account or other dozens products or services closed by us.
Once you have successfully completed our onboarding checks and accepted these terms, we will make the dozens card available to you.
dozens provides you with a debit card (the dozens card) and an electronic money account associated with a dozens card (in this payment terms supplement, the dozens account).
The dozens account and dozens card are electronic money products and, as such, are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. In the unlikely event that dozens becomes insolvent, your e-money is protected and held at a regulated credit institution. Your funds will not be used by dozens for any other purpose. In the unlikely event that the credit institution becomes insolvent your funds may be at risk.
A dozens card is a Mastercard debit card. It is not a guarantee card, charge card or credit card. The dozens card is issued by Wirecard Card Solutions Limited (Wirecard), which is authorised and regulated by FCA (firm reference number 900051). dozens requires Wirecard to act as card issuer so that the dozens cards can access the Mastercard network.
2. dozens account
Each dozens account is an electronic money account from which you can make and receive payments. You can use your account to make transfers to other accounts, set up standing orders and make direct debit payments. The account comes with a Mastercard debit card.
When you have successfully completed the account opening process (including fulfilling the criteria as set out at the start of these terms), we will issue you with a dozens card and an account number and sort code.
Your dozens account will have some maximum limits, including your account balance and payments in and payments out of your dozens account. The limits are detailed in the Summary Box below.
Information about your dozens account will be made available for you to review at any time through the dozens app. dozens is a digital service. You can view information about your payment transactions at any time through the dozens app. Through the app you can also access, download and store a monthly statement. You will also receive an email from us each month notifying you that your statement in the app is ready to view, which you can choose to opt out of. As dozens is a digital service, you understand and agree that we will not send statements to you in paper format.
You should ensure your device and software is up to date to ensure that you can access your notices and transaction history through the dozens app.
3. App & card security
You must ensure that you take all reasonable steps to keep the dozens card, card PIN and other details, dozens app, its contents, and dozens app access code safe and secure.
We strongly recommend the following courses of action to ensure app security is not compromised:
- close the app when you are not using it
- keep your mobile phone safe and secure
- do not disclose your dozens app access code, or mobile phone passcode
- if you receive any texts, messages or emails, questionnaires, surveys, or other links that require you to provide your mobile phone passcode, do not provide this information and contact our customer services team via the app
- ensure that the mobile and e-mail account(s) you use to communicate with us are secure and only accessed by you, as the mobile and e-mail address may be used to reset your access or passcodes and relate to the security of the dozens app
- if at any time you think that your dozens app access code has been lost, stolen or any other person knows your access code or anyone has access to your e-mail account or mobile phone you use to communicate with us, inform our customer services team immediately through the app, or by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling us (freephone) 0808 164 1020
- contact customer services immediately if you have any concerns, queries or suspicions relating to the dozens app.
4. Payments in to your dozens account
You can transfer or pay funds into your dozens account via the dozens app using a debit card. We do not charge you fees to load your dozens card. You will not earn interest in relation to positive balance in your dozens account.
You can also transfer in funds to your dozens account by bank transfer (using your sort code and account number).
In some instances, you may request a refund via a merchant. As a return of funds is dictated by the merchant, and not dozens, we do not directly control the time that it takes for the funds to arrive in your dozens account.
Where we receive a transfer of funds for you under any of these methods, your dozens account will be updated as soon as the funds are received by dozens. This is normally within a matter of minutes for most payments.
For information about frequency of payments, limits, charges and fees, see the SummaryBox below.
5. Payments out of your dozens account
For For information about usage limits that apply to your dozens account, see the Summary Box.
You can use the card to make purchases in-store, via the internet or over the phone. The card can be used to obtain cash through ATMs. You can also make payments out via account transfer, to you or a third party.
You can redeem the money held in the dozens account at any time and at full value, by requesting a transfer to another account.
You must not make purchases that exceed the balance of funds available in your dozens account. Your balance will be reduced by the amount of each purchase you make. If any purchase takes you over your available funds or the card limits in force from time to time (e.g. ATM withdrawal limit) the transaction will be declined.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you enter the correct name, account number and sort code when making a payment out of your dozens account. If you become aware that any details are incorrect, you must contact us through the dozens app as soon as possible.
Should you send a payment to an account using incorrect details we will assist you in attempting to retrieve the funds; however, there is no guarantee that the funds can be retrieved. If you give us the wrong details for a payment, we won’t give you a refund but we’ll make reasonable efforts try and recover the funds for you. We may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our costs in doing this. If we are unable to recover the funds, on receipt of a written request by you, we will provide you with all available relevant information in order for you to claim repayment of the funds.
If we make a payment into your dozens account by mistake, we will take out the same amount without asking for your permission but will let you know what has happened. If someone else tells us they have made a payment into your account by mistake we will check with you first before returning the funds. If you disagree, we will not return the funds to the payer, but we may provide the payer’s bank or payment service provider with all relevant information for the collection of funds and/or put the payer’s bank in contact with your directly. This is because we are required to cooperate with other payment service providers and share all relevant information in order to assist with tracing money which is sent to the wrong person.
You will find information about how you can give instructions to make payments via the dozens app.
If you make a payment in, you cannot make a payment out from your dozens account against the amount of the payment in until your dozens account is updated to reflect the money you have paid in. You cannot make a payment out that would put your dozens account into a negative balance.
dozens account holders may also use the following services:
- sending money abroad
- set up UK direct debit instructions.
You agree that any use of your dozens card, card number or PIN constitutes your authorisation and consent to a transaction. You may also give consent to payment transactions by using the functionality in the dozens app; the app will provide you with additional information about how you can give such instructions.
The time of receipt of a transaction order is when it is received by us. For pre-authorised transactions, the time of receipt will be the day you request the transaction to take place.
You cannot stop a transaction after it has been received by us. For transactions initiated by a payment initiation service provider or by or through the payee, you may not stop the transaction after giving consent to the payment initiation service provider or payee to initiate or execute the transaction. For pre-authorised transactions (including direct debits), you cannot stop a transaction after the end of the Business Day before the day you requested the transaction to take place. We may charge our reasonable costs if you stop a transaction within these times.
We reserve our rights to refuse a transaction. We may do this if the relevant telephone or computer link is busy and unable to process your instructions. We may also do this if:
- a transaction might take you over your account balance
- a transaction might take you over any of your dozens account or dozens card limits
- the conditions for a transaction as set out in these terms have not been satisfied
- we reasonably believe that we need to do so to keep to the rules of the payment system under which your card is issued, or
- we reasonably believe that there are needs to do so to comply with any law or as a matter of good practice.
We will inform you of any refusal to execute a transaction, specifying the reasons for doing so, and where such reasons relate to factual matters, the procedure for rectifying such matters, unless the provision of this information would be unlawful. Such notification will be given or provided at the earliest opportunity and in any event within the periods set out under “Payment services information and timing for execution” and in accordance with the methods of communication set out in these terms. We may charge you for the costs we incur arising from refusing a transaction where the refusal is reasonably justified.
We may suspend or terminate your access to your dozens account where we have reasonable grounds for concern relating to:
- the security of your dozens account (whether or not you have informed us of a security breach), or
- the suspected unauthorised or fraudulent use of your dozens account.
We will inform you of any intention to suspend the use of your dozens account, specifying the reasons for doing so, unless the provision of this information would compromise reasonable security measures or would otherwise be unlawful. Where it is not possible to notify you beforehand, we will do so immediately after suspending the use of your dozens account. We will allow the use of your dozens account as soon as practicable after the reason for suspending its use ceases to exist.
The fees in relation to certain transactions when using the dozens card are set out in Summary Box below (note that we do not charge for the dozens account or card). We will provide you with notice of any changes to any fees in accordance with these terms. It is your responsibility to stay informed and review these changes once we have provided you notice of a change to our fees.
Fees for dozens products other than the dozens account and dozens card will be set out to you along with the relevant product information. Any fees to be charged will always be clearly shown to you before you agree to sign up for a dozens product or service.
8. Restrictions on using dozens products and services
You are not permitted to do any of the following:
- use the dozens products or services for any illegal purposes, including, but not limited to fraud and money laundering, unlawful sexually oriented materials or services, counterfeit products, unlawful gambling activities, the funding of terrorist organizations, the unlawful purchase or sale of tobacco, firearms, prescription drugs, other controlled substances or other products prohibited by law. dozens will report any suspicious activity and cooperate with any relevant law enforcement agency or regulator
- use the dozens products or services to abuse, exploit or circumvent the usage restrictions imposed by a merchant on the services it provides, or to obtain goods or services without paying the amount due partially or in full
- breach any part of these terms or any other agreement or policy that you have agreed with dozens
- create more than one dozens account without our prior written consent from dozens
- use any dozens products or services to violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation
- use any dozens products or services for any illegal purposes including the purchase or sale, or the facilitation of the purchase or sale of, illegal goods or services
- infringe dozens’ or any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy
- act in a manner that is defamatory, libellous, threatening or harassing when using the dozens products or services
- provide us with false, inaccurate or misleading information
- use the dozens products or services to engage in debt-collection activities
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; facilitate any viruses, trojan horses, worms or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information; use an anonymizing proxy; use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our Website without our prior written permission; or interfere or attempt to interfere with the dozens products or services
- take any action that may cause us to lose any of the services from our internet service providers, payment processors, or other suppliers
- refuse to cooperate in an investigation or provide confirmation of your identity or any Information you provide to us
- refuse or fail to provide further information about you or your activities that we may reasonably request, or
- reveal your mobile passcode to anyone or use anyone else’s dozens app (dozens “acceptable use policy”).
9. Suspected fraud
We may need to contact you urgently if we suspect or find fraudulent activity has occurred on your account (provided we are not prohibited from doing so by law) or if we suffer a security threat. To do so, we may (for example) send you a text message instead of calling or emailing you, if we think this is the quickest way to contact you. When we contact you, we will also give you information on how you can minimise any risk to your dozens card depending on the nature of the security threat.
We’ll use the same contact details which you have already provided us with when contacting you. You must inform us immediately if your personal details or contact information change. When we communicate with you regarding a security breach we will never ask you to reveal your passcode or other remote access log-on information and you should keep this information confidential. Due to our legal obligations, we may need to verify certain facts before we are able to discuss a suspected fraud or security issue openly with you.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits either our, or your, liability for fraud (including fraudulent misrepresentation or concealment), breach of contract, willful default, negligence or any other liability which cannot be lawfully excluded or limited (including any liability with respect to death and personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, or that of our employees, agents or subcontractors).
Other than as expressly set out in this section, any liability arising out of a breach of these terms and conditions will be limited to any loss or damage that is a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such a breach and which arises directly from the actions of the defaulting party. Neither party shall be liable for any loss of profits, sales, business or revenue.
Our liability in connection with these terms and conditions (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) shall be subject to the following exclusions and limitations:
- we shall not be liable for any default resulting directly or indirectly from any cause arising due to abnormal and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to, a lack of funds and/or failure of network services at cash machines, maximum withdrawal limits set by cash machine operators and failure of data processing systems, an act of state or government, war, riot or terrorism, any act of God, the suspension of any market, postal or other strikes or similar industrial action
- where the dozens card is faulty due to our default, our liability shall be limited to replacement of the dozens card, or at our choice, redemption of the account balance, or
- in all other circumstances of our default, our liability will be limited to redemption of the account balance.
We will refund any payment transaction made through your dozens account that has not been correctly executed, and where applicable, restore your dozens account to the position it would have been in had the incorrect payment transaction not taken place, provided you have notified us of the incorrectly executed transaction in accordance with ‘Your liability as cardholder and authorisations’ below. However, we will not be liable to you for an incorrectly executed payment transaction when:
- we can demonstrate that the recipient payment service provider has received the transfer, or
- you have provided us with an incorrect unique identifier in relation to the payment transaction (see under ‘Payments out of your dozens account’ for more detail on this).
We will refund any unauthorised payment transactions made through your dozens account, and where applicable, restore your dozens account to the position it would have been in had the unauthorised payment transaction not taken place, provided you have notified us in accordance with ‘Your liability as cardholder and authorisations’ below. We shall not be liable for or refund unauthorised payment transactions to the extent you are liable for any part of the payment transaction as set out in this paragraph.
Our potential liability to you for incorrectly executed or unauthorised payment from your account is limited to restoration of your account balance to the position it would have been in.
The above exclusions and limitations shall apply to any liability of our affiliates such as Mastercard, or other suppliers, contractors, agents or distributors and any of their respective affiliates (if any), to you, which may arise in connection with these terms and conditions.
11. Your liability as cardholder and authorisations
You must sign your dozens card as soon as you receive it and keep it safe. You must always make sure that you:
- do not allow anyone else to use your dozens card
- do not reveal your PIN and never write down your password(s), PIN or any security information you have given us unless you do this in a way that would make it impossible for anyone else to recognise any of that information, or
- only release the dozens card, card number or PIN to make (or try to make) a transaction.
You may not be liable for any use of your dozens card, card number or PIN by another person who does not have your permission to use it or if it is lost, stolen or destroyed, unless:
- you agreed to that person having your dozens card, card number or PIN, or through your gross negligence or carelessness, failed to comply with paragraph 17.1, in which case you may be liable for any use that occurs before you tell us in accordance with these terms and conditions, or
- you acted fraudulently then, to the extent permitted by law, you may be liable for misuse of your dozens card, card number or PIN.
Provided we have made information on the payment transactions available to you, we shall have no liability for payment transactions that have not been authorised by you or have been incorrectly executed unless you have notified us:
- without undue delay on becoming aware of the unauthorised or incorrectly executed payment transaction, and
- in any event, no later than 13 months after the date of the payment transaction.
In case of errors or disputes about transactions, you should accordingly contact us through the dozens app without undue delay.
You may be liable to a maximum of £35 resulting from unauthorised transactions arising from the use of a lost or stolen card or from the misappropriation of the dozens card or dozens app. The £35 liability limit is applicable to each instance of loss, theft or misappropriation and not each transaction. If your card is used without your permission, or is lost, stolen or if you think your dozens card may be misused, we may disclose to law enforcement agencies, any information which we reasonably believe may be relevant. You will not be liable for any transactions arising as a result of the loss, theft or misappropriation of the dozens card or app where such loss, theft or misappropriation was not detectable before the transaction, unless you have acted fraudulently. Neither will you be liable for any acts or omissions of an employee, agent or branch of dozens or of another payment service provider, or of an entity which carried out activities on behalf of dozens or of another payment service provider.
12. Cancellation rights and consequences of termination
If you change your mind about having the dozens account or dozens card, you can close your dozens account within 14 days of the date you receive confirmation of your application being approved by contacting us through the dozens app. You will not be charged for closing your dozens account and cancelling your dozens card. We will refund to you your account balance, but you will not be entitled to a refund of money you have already spent on transactions you have already made.
You can also close your dozens account and cancel your dozens card any time after the 14 day period, by giving us notice in accordance with the overall dozens terms. You should also cut your dozens card in half through the signature box, magnetic strip and chip.
To close your account any outstanding balance must be returned to the account holder, by transfer to a UK bank account – we may request proof of the recipient account.
Once the termination of your dozens account commences all payment mandates (such as direct debits) out of your dozens account will be cancelled. Any payments into your dozens account will be returned to the sender. If a payment is in the process of being paid out when the closure process commences there is a possibility that the payment may still go through; it is your responsibility to ensure that you have made alternate arrangements for payments into and from your dozens account. We do not accept liability for any payments made or missed as a result of the account termination process commencing. We will not redeem any funds in your dozens account to you where you request redemption more than six years after these terms have been terminated..
13. Payment services information and timing for execution
This paragraph only applies if the Supplier’s bank is located within the European Economic Area (EEA) and the payment services being carried out are transacted in Euro, or another currency of an EEA member state.
We will ensure that a transaction you make is credited to the Supplier’s bank, or that returned funds following redemption or cancellation are credited to your bank within these timescales:
If you use your dozens card or provide your card details to a Supplier to make a transaction before you know the amount which is going to be charged to your dozens card, then you may be entitled to request a refund if the amount is unexpectedly large, provided that you tell us within eight weeks from the date the transaction is deducted from your account balance but you will NOT be entitled to a refund if you have been told by us, or the Supplier, of the amount of that transaction at least four weeks before the transaction is due to be deducted from your balance, and you consented to the transaction.
14. Electronic money
The electronic money in your dozens account belongs to you as the person who is registered as the dozens account holder. We recognise only the rights of the holder of the dozens account. You cannot assign or transfer legal ownership of the dozens account to anyone.
It is your responsibility to determine what, if any, taxes apply to the payments you make or receive, and it is your responsibility to collect, report and remit the correct tax to the appropriate tax authority. We are not responsible for determining whether taxes apply to your dozens transactions, or for collecting, reporting or remitting any taxes arising from any dozens transactions. You agree to comply with any and all applicable tax laws in connection with your use of the dozens products or services, including without limitation, the reporting and payment of any taxes arising in connection with dozens transactions made through the dozens products or services.
15. No advice
We do not provide advice, and contract on an execution only basis. We may provide information to you from time to time, for example via the dozens app, but we will not and do not provide advice to you either upon the merits of a proposed course of action or upon any other matter. Before entering into any dozens transaction you must make your own independent assessment as to whether it is appropriate to enter into a dozens transaction based upon your own judgment and upon such advice from advisers as you consider necessary. It is an express term of every dozens transaction which you enter into with us, that you are not relying upon any communication (written or oral) made by us as constituting advice about or a recommendation to enter into such dozens transaction. Foreign currency exchange rates are subject to fluctuations outside our control. Past movements or trends in the movement of foreign currency exchange rates should not be taken as an indicator of future movements in such exchange rates.
16. Amendments to the terms
We may amend these payment terms by providing you with two months’ notice. These changes will be deemed to have been accepted by you where you do not, before the proposed date of the entry into force of the changes, notify us to the contrary. If you do notify us to the contrary, your notification will be deemed to be a notice that you wish to close your dozens account and terminate these terms on the date upon which the changes are to take effect.
Where an amendment to the terms is required by law or relates to the addition of a new service, extra functionality to the existing service, a reduction in the cost of the services or any other change which has either a neutral or a positive impact on you (namely neither reduces your rights nor increases your responsibilities) the amendment may be made without prior notice to you and shall be effective immediately.
We may, in our sole discretion, terminate these terms at any time, by giving you two months’ notice. The termination of these terms will not affect any of our rights or your obligations arising under these terms.
You may terminate these terms at any time by providing us with one month’s notice, such notice to be provided by email or by the chat function through the dozens app.
Without prejudice to any rights that have accrued under these terms, or any party’s other rights or remedies, either party may at any time terminate these terms with immediate effect by giving written notice to the other party if:
- the other party commits a material breach of any term of these terms and (if such breach is remediable) fails to remedy that breach within a period of 30 days after being notified in writing to do so. Your failure to pay us when due any amount properly owing to us shall constitute a remedial material breach
- you use your dozens account, the dozens app or our services in breach of our acceptable use policy
- the other party repeatedly breaches any of the terms of these terms in such a manner as to reasonably justify the opinion that its conduct is inconsistent with it having the intention or ability to give effect to the terms of these terms and/or
- the result of laws, payment scheme rules, regulatory authority rules or guidance or any change in or any introduction thereof (or change in the interpretation or application thereof) means that it is unlawful or contrary to any such law, rules, order or regulations for either of the parties to perform or give effect to any of its obligations hereunder and such obligation cannot be readily severed from these.
Without prejudice to any rights that have accrued under these terms or any of the party’s rights or remedies, we may at any time terminate these terms with immediate effect by giving written notice to you if:
- we are unable to verify your information in the manner set out in these terms
- you pass away/when we are notified of your death
- we have reason to believe that your use of the dozens products or services: damages, corrupts, degrades, destroys and/or otherwise adversely affects the dozens product or service, or any other software, firmware, hardware, data, systems or networks accessed or used by you; and/or
- you have acted or omitted to act in any way which we reasonably determine to diminish our business operations and/or reputation and/or goodwill and/or which we reasonably determine or suspect to give rise to any offence or any increased risk or liability to us.
Where we are entitled to terminate these terms with immediate effect, we may as an alternative elect to suspend your use of the dozens card, products or services (in whole or in part) until the issue giving rise to our right to terminate has been resolved.
Termination of these terms requires the closing of your dozens card.
18. Regulatory information about dozens
Project Imagine Ltd (trading as dozens) is a limited liability company registered in England and Wales, number 11153882. Our registered office address is 1 St Katharine’s Way London E1W 1UN.
dozens is authorized by the Financial Conduct Authority as an electronic money institution under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 for issuing of electronic money (FRN 900894), and our registered information can be found on the FCA’s website www.fca.org.uk.
We are also subject to the Payment Services Regulations 2017 which regulate how payments must be transmitted and provide protection when you send money to an account within the European Economic Area (EEA) and the payment is in Euro, Sterling or another EEA currency.
19. Requesting information
You may request, at any time during the extent of these terms, a copy of these terms and any of the information set out in the Schedule 4 of the Payment Services Regulations 2017.
20. SUMMARY BOX
Charges and Limits
These tables summarise key product features and information and are not intended to replace the payment terms supplement set out above. The fees and limits that apply to each element of the dozens current account are set out below:
dozens current account limits*
*Limits may be amended at dozens’ discretion
Fees and charges
In these terms and conditions, the following words and phrases have the meanings shown next to them:
ATM – means an automatic teller machine or cashpoint facility or cash dispenser
Bank transfer(s) in – means the system for making payments directly from a bank account to your dozens Account, in ways set out on the Website. The limits are detailed in the Summary Box
Bank transfer(s) out - means the system for making faster payments directly from your dozens account to a bank account, in ways set out in the dozens app. The limits are detailed in the Summary Box
Business Day – means Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm (UK time) except for bank or public holidays in England and Wales;
EEA – means the European Economic Area which includes all the member states of the European Union, Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein.
Payments – means a transfer of money to or from your dozens account;
Payment(s) in – means the transfer of money to your dozens account in ways set out in the app. The limits are detailed in the Summary Box;
Payment(s) out – means the transfer of money from your dozens account in ways set out in the app. The limits are detailed in the Summary Box;
dozens app – means the mobile application provided by dozens to access the services associated with your dozens Account;
dozens card – means the Mastercard debit card issued to you and, where the context permits, includes any replacement card or additional cardholder’s card.
PIN – means your personal identification number for use with your dozens card;
Summary Box – means the details above which sets out the fees, charges and other relevant information associated with the dozens card and dozens account;
Supplier – a retailer, merchant or other supplier of goods and/or services which accepts the dozens card whether by card number, PIN or card and signature;
Supplier’s bank – the organisation, known as a merchant acquirer, used by a Supplier for the purposes of receiving payments arising from transactions;
Wirecard – Card Solutions Limited, a limited liability company registered in England and Wales, number 07875693 whose registered office address is 3rd Floor, Grainger Chambers, 3-5 Hood Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6JQ. Wirecard Card Solutions Limited is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority as an Authorised Electronic Money Institution (Firm Reference Number: 900051).